Enchiladas originated in Mexico, where the practice of rolling tortillas around other food dates back at least to Aztec times. This Creamy Green Chile Enchiladas recipe calls for Greek yogurt and is so delicious!
- Make your green chile sauce (if homemade).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together cooled green chile enchilada sauce with Greek yogurt.
- Mix together shredded chicken, 2 cups of the cheese, b1ack beans and a cup of the green chile yogurt mixture.
- Spray baking dish(es) with olive oil spray.
- Add a little enchilada sauce to the bottom of the baking dish.
- Add chicken mixture to each tortilla, roll.
- Pour remainder of green chile yogurt mixture over the top of the enchiladas.
- Cover with foil and cook for 20 minutes.
- . Uncover, top with the reminder of the cheese and cook another 10 minutes.
- Top with crumbled cotija cheese, toasted pumpkin seeds, chopped cilantro and avocado slices.
Recipe by Michelle Nahom – A Dish of Daily Life.