Enjoy the rich cheddar flavor you love in a fun new snack with these cheesy cauliflower bites. Made with just a few simple ingredients in 30 minutes, these bites are perfect for afterschool snacking, game day, or serving as an appetizer at your next get-together. This is how you get the whole family craving veggies.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 24-count mini muffin tin.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, garlic powder, and salt. Stir in the cauliflower rice and cheddar cheese until well-combined.
- Spoon the cauliflower mixture into the mini muffin tin, pressing down on each one with the back of the spoon to fully pack down the mixture.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until the cauliflower bite is golden brown around the edges and warm throughout.
- Let cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes, then enjoy. Eat as-is, or serve with sour cream, salsa, or ketchup.
- You do not have to thaw the cauliflower rice; this recipe can be made using the frozen bag as-is. Just massage the bag a few times to break up any clumps.
- Feel free to experiment with optional add-ins to change up the flavor. Try mixing in chives, scallions, black pepper, crumbled bacon, and/or chopped ham. Or try using other types of cheese like pepper jack.
- This recipe can also be made with fresh riced cauliflower. The cooking time will be faster with fresh cauliflower – around 15 minutes.
Nutrition analysis (approximate per bite): 29 calories, 2 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 55 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, 0.3 g fiber, 2 g protein, Vitamin D: 1%, Calcium: 3%, Iron: 1%, Potassium: 1%
Recipe developed by Chrissy Carroll, MPH, RD, LDN of Snacking in Sneakers. Funding for this recipe was paid for by the Connecticut Milk Promotion Board.
There aren't currently any comments on this recipe.
Post a Comment