Enjoy the rich cheddar flavor you love in a fun new snack with these cheesy cauliflower bites. Made with just a few simple ingredients in 30 minutes, these bites are perfect for afterschool snacking, game day, or serving as an appetizer at your next get-together. This is how you get the whole family craving veggies.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 24-count mini muffin tin.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, garlic powder, and salt. Stir in the cauliflower rice and cheddar cheese until well-combined.
- Spoon the cauliflower mixture into the mini muffin tin, pressing down on each one with the back of the spoon to fully pack down the mixture.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until the cauliflower bite is golden brown around the edges and warm throughout.
- Let cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes, then enjoy. Eat as-is, or serve with sour cream, salsa, or ketchup.
- You do not have to thaw the cauliflower rice; this recipe can be made using the frozen bag as-is. Just massage the bag a few times to break up any clumps.
- Feel free to experiment with optional add-ins to change up the flavor. Try mixing in chives, scallions, black pepper, crumbled bacon, and/or chopped ham. Or try using other types of cheese like pepper jack.
- This recipe can also be made with fresh riced cauliflower. The cooking time will be faster with fresh cauliflower – around 15 minutes.
Nutrition analysis (approximate per bite): 29 calories, 2 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 55 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, 0.3 g fiber, 2 g protein, Vitamin D: 1%, Calcium: 3%, Iron: 1%, Potassium: 1%
Recipe developed by Chrissy Carroll, MPH, RD, LDN of Snacking in Sneakers. Funding for this recipe was paid for by the Connecticut Milk Promotion Board.