Muffins are usually a sweet treat, but these savory muffins are here to put a new spin on the classic baked good. Ham and cheese muffins make an easy grab-and-go breakfast or snack. Enjoy one with a glass of milk and you’ve got a well-rounded dish with 20 grams of protein!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a muffin tin with cooking spray or oil. (Be sure to grease well.)
- Whisk 2 eggs in a large mixing bowl. Add milk, melted butter, and honey. Whisk again until well combined.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper until just combined. Fold in the chopped ham and cheddar cheese.
- Pour the batter into the muffin tin. Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees, or until a toothpick inserted into the muffin comes out clean.
- Let cool and enjoy alongside a cold glass of milk!
Nutrition analysis (approximate per muffin):
230 calories, 12 g fat, 6 g sat fat, 650 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g sugar, 12 g protein, Vitamin A: 8%, Vitamin C: 0%, Calcium: 21%, Iron: 7%
Recipe and image by Chrissy Carroll, MPH, RD, LDN of Snacking in Sneakers.
There aren't currently any comments on this recipe.
Post a Comment