New England Dairy is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion through the following actions:
- Diversifying our staff and network of partners to represent varied individual and collective identities (including but not limited to race, color, ethnicity, nationality, religion, socioeconomic status, veteran status, education, marital status, language, age, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, mental or physical ability, genetic information, and learning styles).
- Increase staff awareness of diversity, equity, and inclusion: including an understanding of implicit bias, microaggressions, personal prejudice, cultural humility and other relevant topics through continued training and development.
- Continue increasing access to healthy food and physical activity in schools: Research shows that good nutrition and physical activity have an impact on learning. Through our programs like Fuel Up to Play 60, our team works with schools across the region, with a focus on high-need communities, to provide technical assistance and grants to help increase participation in nutrient-rich school meals and increase physical activity during the school day.
- Continue increasing dairy in food assistance programs: Partnering with food banks and anti-hunger organizations to get milk and dairy products to individuals and families in need.
- Include a variety of identities in our visuals and voice.
- Seek out opportunities for cross-cultural exchange, experiences, and education.