Kids love dessert. This healthy parfait gives them all the good stuff their bodies need like calcium, protein, vitamin C, and more, and taste so delicious they won’t even know it’s healthy.
- Heat the 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat in a medium non-stick skillet until just beginning to sizzle.
- Add the apples all at once and cook for 3 minutes until soft, stirring occasionally. Add the maple syrup, pinch of salt, cinnamon, and continue to cook for another 3 minutes, or until the apples soften and brown.
- Add the dried cranberries and continue to cook, stirring frequently, for another 4 minutes until they look soft.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool before assembling the parfaits.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the honey and yogurt mixture and set aside.
- Using a pastry bag with a small round tip or spoon, add a layer of yogurt to each glass. Add a thin layer of granola. Add a layer of compote and repeat the process until full. Top with a dollop of yogurt and sprinkle with granola.
- Serve and enjoy! Save any extra in the fridge.
Recipe developed by Alexa Carter.