If you love all the flavors in a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, you’ll definitely want to try this fresh take on a sweet snack. You’ll combine protein-packed Greek yogurt with swirls of peanut butter and strawberries, and then freeze it into a frosty “bark”. Enjoy straight from the freezer for a perfect snack on a hot day!
- Cover a small baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper. Set aside for now.
- Place 1/2 cup of strawberries in a bowl and mash well with a fork.
- Spread your Greek yogurt on the prepared baking sheet until it’s about 1/4 an inch thick.
- Add dollops of mashed strawberries and peanut butter to the Greek yogurt. Take a knife and swirl it around in the yogurt to spread all the flavors through.
- Top with the remaining 1/2 cup of sliced strawberries.
- Place in the freezer for at least 2-3 hours, or until completely frozen. Break your bark into smaller pieces and enjoy as a frozen treat!
Nutrition analysis (approximate):
260 calories, 8.5 g fat, 1.5 g saturated fat, 130 mg sodium, 27.5 g carbohydrate, 4.5 g fiber, 21 g sugar, 20.5 g protein, Vitamin A: 1%, Vitamin C: 149%, Calcium: 23%, Iron: 5%
Recipe developed by Chrissy Carroll, MPH, RD, LDN of Snacking in Sneakers.
There aren't currently any comments on this recipe.
Post a Comment