This is a school meal recipe.
- In a large bowl mash 5 bananas. Add eggs, milk, yogurt and caramel sauce.
- Combine well using a whisk.
- Add thawed French toast sticks. Mix well, cover, and hold overnight at 41°or less (CCP).
DAY OF SERVICE:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a full steamtable pan using melted butter.
- Remix bread mixture and spread half of the mixture evenly into the
bottom of greased hotel pan.
- Slice 5 bananas and spread over bread mixture. Top with remaining mixture.
- Grease a sheet of parchment paper and press, greased side down, over mixture. Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake 40-50 minutes until you reach an internal temperature of 165°F
(CCP) and center has risen.
- Remove foil and parchment. Bake uncovered 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Top with remaining bananas just before serving. Serve with a #8 scoop.
- OPTIONAL: Drizzle caramel sauce over top before serving.
Click here for printable bulk recipe PDF
PDF includes meal pattern contribution and additional nutritional information