This classic version of French toast brings in the seasonal favorite flavor of eggnog. Bring your family together in the kitchen to create this wholesome and delicious breakfast and sweet memories to last a lifetime.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together eggnog, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla. Whisk until well blended.
- Heat 1-2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet or griddle on medium heat until melted.
- Dip each slice of bread in egg mixture, turning to cover both sides. Let the bread soak in the egg mixture for 10 seconds to absorb extra moisture.
- Carefully lift bread up and tilt, letting any excess egg mixture to drip off the bread, and place on a hot griddle or stovetop.
- Dip and cook one to six slices of bread at a time or as many as you can fit on your skillet or stovetop at once.
- Fry the toast for 2 minutes or until the bread is golden brown. Flip the toast with a spatula and continue to cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes until both sides are golden brown.
- Serve with butter and warm syrup or with whipped cream and an extra sprinkle of cinnamon. Enjoy!
Recipe developed by Alexa Carter.