- Preheat oven to 425°F. C
- Coat muffin tin generously with pan oil spray or coconut oil.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- Pour the milk into a 2-cup measuring cup or bowl. Whisk the eggs, syrup and vanilla into the milk.
- Add the milk mixture and coconut oil to the dry ingredients and stir with a whisk just until small lumps remain*. Do not over mix.
*Kitchen note: Be sure to have the grated apples prepared before combining the wet and dry ingredients. As with any pancake batter, it should be baked immediately to ensure adequate rising.
- Sprinkle in apples and gently stir a few times. Using a scooper or measuring cup, fill the muffin tins about halfway with the batter. Bake on the middle oven rack until lightly golden, about 15 minutes. Cool for a few minutes, and then cut around the edges of the muffins with a knife to release.
Recipe and image provided by the Milk Life campaign, representing the nation’s milk companies.