- Melt the butter in a skillet and sauté the onion and garlic until they are golden.
- Add the mustard seeds, turmeric, ginger, cayenne, salt, cinnamon, and cumin and sauté for several minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the carrots and lemon juice, stir to combine, and continue cooking for several more minutes.
- Add 2 cups of water. Cover and simmer for at least ½ hour or until carrots are tender.
- Puree the carrot mixture in a blender (or use an immersion blender) with the remaining 1 ½ cups of water.
- Pour the puree into a soup pot and stir in the yogurt with a whisk.
- Add the honey and heat the soup gently; don’t let it boil.
- Sprinkle with black pepper, if desired. Serve hot, garnished with parsley.
By Meg Cadoux Hirshberg From Stonyfield Farm Yogurt Cookbook