Gazpacho, the classic cold soup from the south of Spain and Portugal has been a popular staple in households from around the world for centuries. This Gazpacho recipe was developed for New Hampshire Eat Local Month which takes place every August. When the recipe was made and photographed, peaches weren’t ready locally in NH yet so we substituted currants because they were something new to try. They are small so we left them whole.
- In a food processor or blender, purée onion and pepper.
- Finely chop half the strawberries and cherries. Stir into puréed mixture.
- Dice remaining strawberries, peaches and quarter the remaining cherries.
- Transfer all fruits including whole raspberries to an airtight container.
- Mix honey and vinegar together, and add to fruit.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate, covered, for about 2 hours.
- To serve – stir in oil before dividing gazpacho among glass dishes.
- Garnish with basil and feta. Serve immediately.
There aren't currently any comments on this recipe.
Post a Comment