This hearty veggie lasagna is not only comforting, but it will keep you full while getting in your veggies. It makes for the perfect, simple recipe to enjoy in spring.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Heat oil on medium heat, add mushrooms and onions and carrot and cook until softened and has reduced in size. Add tomato sauce, diced tomatoes and salt to taste, while the sauce simmers work on the cheese mixture.
- Mix sour cream, cheeses, eggs, and salt until well mixed. Set aside. Once the sauce has simmered and thickened a bit, it should be all set.
- In a pan, spread thin layer of sauce, and top with lasagna noodles. After topping with lasagna noodles, add another layer of sauce and then cheese mixture. On top of that add sliced yellow squash and zucchini in one layer. The featured recipe is half and half, but you can do alternating. Top with lasagna noodles, add sauce, cheese mixture, and then top with peppers and leftover slices of squash and zucchini plus cheese so it bakes in.
- Cover with foil and bake 25 minutes, remove foil and bake for another 10 minutes and all set!
Recipe developed by Timna Nwokeji of Life As A Maven.