- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Start cooking rice. This will take about 20 minutes.
- While rice is cooking, sauté chopped onions in butter until translucent.
- Add white wine and chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Whisk together cream and dijon until well blended.
- Lower heat to medium, and then add the cream mixture to the sauce, and stir to blend.
- Add broccoli to the sauce and cook until crisp-tender.
- Remove from heat, combine with rice and cheese, setting aside a little cheese for on top of the casserole.
- Place the broccoli rice mixture into a baking dish and bake for 30 minutes.
Recipe by Michelle Nahom – A Dish of Daily Life