February 11th is National Latte Day aka the perfect reason to brew up your own delicious latte at home!
Espresso plus real milk makes for the best latte. Real milk is the preferred milk of choice for baristas. It has the right taste, creamy texture, and foams consistently when steamed because of its richness in protein. Check out 9 other reasons to choose real milk when brewing up your latte at home or when ordering from your local coffee shop. In addition to being a great texture and delicious, cow’s milk provides high-quality protein and 9 essential nutrients like calcium, vitamin D, and potassium.
Get brewing with these flavorful latte recipes:
TIPS: No specialty equipment required. Heat up your milk in a saucepan and use a small, metal whisk to whip it up. This will create the milk foam to top your drink. Or you can shake up the milk in a mason jar or similar container. No fancy espresso machine needed either. Opt for a stronger brew of coffee to achieve that bolder flavor.
- It’s hard to beat a Classic Latte – make sure to also check out the other recipes below if you’re looking to mix it up. They pack some unique and delicious flavors.
- Try out this slow cooker Gingerbread Latte. The holiday season may be over, but you can still enjoy this seasonal favorite. It’s simple to make but planning ahead required. 3 hours but it’s worth the wait.
- For the adventurous latte lover tired of pumpkin spice, this one may get your attention, a Brown Sugar Butternut Squash Latte. If you’re not ready for that flavor combo, this Cinnamon Maple Latte brings the less adventurous, yet delicious flavor to enjoy any time of the year.
- If you’re 21+ and looking for a less traditional espresso + real milk combo, check out this Frothed Vanilla Latte Martini.
- Cozy up with this comforting and pink-hued Rose Latte made with real dairy milk. It also tastes great over ice. Perfect for Valentine’s or Galentine’s Day to add some festive fun to your mug this week. 🌹💕
For other cozy latte recipes minus the espresso, check out our tea lattes on our recipe page and select the “Coffee/Steamer” category.