Below is the PB&J Frozen Yogurt Bark recipe registered dietitian Hilary Walentuk demoed during our Instagram live on August 7th, 2020. She adapted this original recipe from our friend and registered dietitian Chrissy Carroll of Snacking in Sneakers.
This frozen yogurt bark takes all the flavors of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and turns it into a frozen, delicious treat packed with high-quality protein. This recipe is super easy to make and utilizes inexpensive, nutritious staples. It’s also kid-friendly and a great snack option for summer.
There are only three ingredients for this frozen yogurt bark and you probably have most of them on hand!
- 1 cup ripe strawberries
- 1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt – you can use whatever flavor or plain Greek yogurt that you have on hand.
- 1 tbsp peanut butter – a natural peanut butter that contains just peanuts works best for a runnier consistency that’s easier for swirling.
- Cover a small baking sheet or dish with parchment paper or wax paper. Set aside for now.
- Purée 1/2 cup of strawberries. You can also mash the 1/2 cup of strawberries in a bowl with a fork but this process will take longer.
- Spread your Greek yogurt on the prepared baking sheet or dish until it’s about 1/4 an inch thick.
- Add dollops of puréed or mashed strawberries and peanut butter to the Greek yogurt on the baking sheet or in the dish. Take a knife and swirl it around in the yogurt to spread all the flavors through.
- Top with the remaining 1/2 cup of sliced strawberries or any other fruit you’d like to add on top.
- Place in the freezer for at least 2-3 hours, or until completely frozen. Break your bark into smaller pieces and enjoy as a frozen treat. We recommend letting the bark sit out for about 10 minutes to soften before biting into it. It will be quite cold when it first comes of out of the freezer and letting it soften a bit is easier on your teeth.