Whether it’s exercising in the heat or a high-intensity workout, my stomach doesn’t feel too great after exercising.
So rather than avoiding foods and drinks completely, I still prioritize recovery nutrition with a nutrient-rich smoothie.
Why? Because providing my muscles with the nutrients and my body with the fluid they need to recover is critical.
My Go-To Green Smoothie
- 1-2 handfuls of spinach
- Medium banana (frozen bananas improve the smoothie’s texture)
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup cottage cheese or plain yogurt
- 5 ice cubes
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 tbsp. natural peanut butter
- Squeeze of honey or maple syrup
- Dash of cinnamon
For a thicker texture, I sometimes add ½ cup frozen cauliflower. Sounds weird, but it’s delicious.
- Toss all ingredients into a blender.
- Blend until the ice breaks up and the smoothie’s consistency is smooth.
- Pour into a large mason jar.
- Refrigerate until ready to drink.
Calories: 386 calories
Total fat: 13.9 grams (76% unsaturated fats)
Carbohydrates: 50 grams
Protein: 19.6 grams