Dalgona Coffee, a whipped coffee drink named for a type of Korean candy, is the latest food trend to take over your social feed. Kiley, our Digital Marketing Manager and Annalise, our Farmer Relations Specialist decided to give it a try! Learn how to make it below, plus get some tips and tricks from us based on our experience.
Ingredients for 1-2 servings:
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee powder
- milk, to serve
- ice, to serve
- Optional: shaved chocolate or ground cinnamon to sprinkle on top
- Add the instant coffee, sugar and hot water to a bowl.
- Use an electric mixer or hand whisk until the mixture is fluffy, light and peaks start to form.
- To serve, spoon a dollop over a cup of milk with ice in it and stir to your preference.
- Optional: add shaved chocolate or ground cinnamon on top.
Tips from Kiley & Annalise:
- Split the recipe in half when serving. The foam is sweet and very strong – serving it over two glasses of milk balanced out the flavors and made it taste like a coffee milkshake.
- Whipping the coffee takes a long time if you decide to do it by hand. It can take a few tries to get it just right! Kiley had success with a hand-held electric mixer and Annalise used a milk frother on her second attempt which created the foamy and stiff texture they were both looking for.
- Even if the foam doesn’t end up perfectly fluffy and stiff, it’s still delicious mixed it into a glass of real milk.
- Annalise topped hers with grated chocolate – a fun touch that gave this at-home treat a rich flavor and a fancy finish.