Welcome back to a new school year! While you have many things to think about this fall, figuring out how to celebrate Farm to School Month and National Farmer Day does not have to be one of them. We have pulled together a list of our favorite resources which have the flexibility to be used in a variety of settings. So, whether you are teaching virtually, at home, or in the classroom our resources can help students make the connection that dairy is a local food, important for health, and a versatile ingredient in healthy and delicious meals.
Help students make the connection that foods are produced locally.
- Explore the dairy farms in your state with our Farm Family Profiles by State resource and Moo IQ fact sheets.
- Take one of our live or recorded New England Dairy farm tours.
- Dive deeper into where our milk comes from and dairy’s role in our food system with our curriculum designed for grades 5-8.
Show students how dairy contributes to health.
- Learn about all the nutrition in milk with the Milk Nutrient Powerhouse handout.
- Test your dairy knowledge with Dairy Fun Facts or calm down, stretch, and balance with MOOGA yoga.
Practice making dairy a part of healthy and delicious meals.
- Find new ways to enjoy dairy on our recipe page. (Use the school meals filter if you need school-friendly ideas).
- Play with your food using our activities to make your own butter, yogurt and ice cream .
- For ideas on how to prevent food waste check out the new resource Make the Most of Your Dairy.
If you are a teacher working in the classroom and need hardcopy materials, you can place an order for most items through our online catalog.