A fun way to start the day! Crisp whole-grain sandwich thins, lightly crusted with cinnamon sugar and topped with vanilla yogurt and fresh fruit.
For Fruity Flatbread:
- Preheat oven.
- Separate sandwich thins into halves horizontally; coat slices with pan-release spray and place on parchment lined sheet pan.
- Sprinkle sprayed-side (or use dredger) with cinnamon sugar (50% granulated sugar/50% ground cinnamon).
- Bake at 375ºF for 8 minutes in a conventional oven (or at 350ºF for 3 – 5 minutes in a convection oven), or until crust is golden brown; remove from oven and cool completely at room temperature.
- Using a #30 disher, place 2 tablespoons (1 oz.) of yogurt on each flatbread; spread evenly over bread.
- Using a 2 oz. spoodle or #16 disher, top each flatbread with 1/4 cup fruit. (See photo #4) Transfer to serving container. CCP: No bare hand contact with ready-to-eat food. Fruit prepared as per SOP.
- Serve two flatbreads. CCP: Hold and serve at 41°F or below
For Sunny Start Flatbread:
- Prepare as above, but mix 2 tablespoons peanut or sunflower butter into the yogurt.
- Top with sliced banana.
Click here for printable bulk recipe PDF
Click here for printable home recipe PDF
PDF includes meal pattern contribution and additional nutritional information